Visa Documentation


If you are planning to marry or already married, or are in a committed relationship with a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, you can get a visa spouse or partner for immigration to Australia. Australian citizen or a permanent resident will sponsor your visa. This means that your sponsor will need to submit a written certification with the agreement to support you financially during your first two years in Australia, including provision of things necessary for life. Applicants for immigration to the family will be assessed by Australian immigration authorities on an individual basis. Please visit the following pages for more more information: Visa groom / bride – if you're going to get married to a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, you can get a visa groom / bride for immigration to Australia. Visa spouse – if You are married or are married to the citizen or permanent resident of Australia or in a relationship of de facto (common law) at least 12 months, you can get a visa spouse for immigration to Australia interdependent partner visa – if You are in genuine interdependent relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident and wish to immigrate and remain permanently in Australia, you must obtain a visa interdependent partner. This category also includes same-sex couples. Also, there are some types of visas: Preserving family – This visa is for people who are the only family members left outside Australia, but small children. If you are married, your spouse also must not be relatives in your country or another country outside Australia.